Domain Portal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 9 December 2006

Oracle Spatial and Network Data Model

Posted on 03:42 by Unknown
During this week, a student from university where I'm achieving my master degree - Vincent, have asked me how to create SDO network data model in Oracle Spatial. Before asking me, he has already developed his own network model, but validation error was generated when using SDO_NET.VALIDATE_NETWORK function. When reviewing his data model definition, I have found that network metadata was declared incorrectly.

I have developed a short tutorial, which may be useful when working with Oracle Spatial Network Data Model. Scripts developed for SDO network data model definition - network.zip. Contents of the network.zip archive are:
  1. nodes.sql - creates empty table to store network nodes;
  2. nodes_data.sql - data to be stored in nodes table;
  3. links.sql - creates empty table to store network links;
  4. links_data.sql - data to be stored in links table;
  5. path.sql - creates empty table to store paths data;
  6. path_links - creates empty table to store path links data;
  7. medata.sql - defines metadata for nodes, links and paths spatial columns and metadata for spatial network;
  8. indexes.sql - creates indexes for nodes, links and paths spatial columns;
  9. validate.sql - performs test for network validity, result should be TRUE
When defining SDO network data model, ensure that you have stored correct spatial information in nodes, links and paths tables. And, do not forget to define metadata correctly.

Resources for Oracle Spatial technology:
  • Oracle Spatial
  • Oracle MapViewer
  • Discussion forum
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Spatial | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Groovy - Multiple LOV's per Attribute in JDeveloper 11g
    I was blogging previously about multiple LOV's per attribute functionality. I was using RowImpl class for View object in order to calcu...
  • Oracle JDeveloper/ADF Developers Wanted
    In my current Oracle JDeveloper/ADF project we are searching for additional developers. Project is based on Oracle Fusion 11g, so it can be ...
  • Many-to-Many mapping in Oracle TopLink
    This kind of mapping in relational world is constructed using three tables. However, in object world only two classes are used for many-to-m...
  • Customizing Applications with MDS - Practical Overview
    During ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2008 , I was discussing with Shaun O'Brien (Principal Product Manager from Oracle Development Tools group) abo...
  • After UKOUG'08
    This week I was on UKOUG'08 conference. I really have enjoyed high quality of its content and I have learned new technical things about...
  • Workaround for Null Value Bug in ADF List Of Values 11g
    Those of you, who are using List Of Values (LOV) component in ADF 11g, most probably already have noticed bug related to Null value. Simple ...
  • Oracle Spatial and Network Data Model
    During this week, a student from university where I'm achieving my master degree - Vincent, have asked me how to create SDO network dat...
  • Multi-selection feature and ADF Faces af:table component
    In this post I will describe how to use multi-selection feature in ADF Faces. First of all I should say - multi-selection feature is fully s...
  • Show Buttons based on Disclosed Tab
    In 11g it becomes quite common use case to structure application page with tabbed panels. If you develop your pages based on templates, most...
  • Master in Computer Science degree
    Today I have finished university studies, and received Master in Computer Science degree. Finally..., 6 years of studies are finished :). H...

Categories

  • ADF
  • Apex
  • Apple
  • BPEL
  • Events
  • Forms
  • Groovy
  • JDeveloper 11g
  • Nomination
  • ODTUG Kaleidoscope
  • OFUG
  • Oracle Magazine
  • Oracle OpenWorld
  • Security
  • SOA
  • Spatial
  • TopLink
  • Traveling
  • Uncategorized
  • Vgo Software
  • Web Services
  • WebCenter
  • WebLogic
  • Workarounds

Blog Archive

  • ►  2008 (72)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (65)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ▼  2006 (9)
    • ▼  December (9)
      • External Transaction Service in Oracle TopLink
      • JDev/ADF samples list
      • Creating new row using CreateInsert operation
      • Dropdown list in each row (J2EE track)
      • Displaying all columns in ADF table (TopLink entity)
      • JDeveloper Users map
      • Oracle Spatial and Network Data Model
      • Oracle ADF - between 4GL and J2EE is only one step
      • Why I'm here?
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile