Domain Portal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 17 December 2006

Dropdown list in each row (J2EE track)

Posted on 05:49 by Unknown
If someone wants to implement dropdown list in each row of the table, and he is using ADF BC in Model layer, there is no problem - just use ADF screencast available in Steve Muench blog. But, if TopLink and EJB are used in Model layer, then implementation will be little bit different. Below I describe how to implement this using TopLink and EJB.

Let us use standard HR schema entities - Employees and Departments. The main trick is to add getter and setter methods into Employees entity bean for the departmentId (this will enable us to use departmentId in Employees entity). Below are main steps you need to follow when developing View layer:
  1. In the page definition file define methodAction for findAllDepartments. Define a methodIterator binded to findAllDepartments method definition and a table with two items - departmentId and departmentName
  2. Create af:selectOneChoice in af:column component as it is described in Steve Muench screencast
So, the main differences are to modify entity bean and to define some additional elements in page definition file.

Sample application - SelectOneChoice.zip.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in ADF | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Groovy - Multiple LOV's per Attribute in JDeveloper 11g
    I was blogging previously about multiple LOV's per attribute functionality. I was using RowImpl class for View object in order to calcu...
  • Oracle JDeveloper/ADF Developers Wanted
    In my current Oracle JDeveloper/ADF project we are searching for additional developers. Project is based on Oracle Fusion 11g, so it can be ...
  • Many-to-Many mapping in Oracle TopLink
    This kind of mapping in relational world is constructed using three tables. However, in object world only two classes are used for many-to-m...
  • Customizing Applications with MDS - Practical Overview
    During ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2008 , I was discussing with Shaun O'Brien (Principal Product Manager from Oracle Development Tools group) abo...
  • After UKOUG'08
    This week I was on UKOUG'08 conference. I really have enjoyed high quality of its content and I have learned new technical things about...
  • Workaround for Null Value Bug in ADF List Of Values 11g
    Those of you, who are using List Of Values (LOV) component in ADF 11g, most probably already have noticed bug related to Null value. Simple ...
  • Oracle Spatial and Network Data Model
    During this week, a student from university where I'm achieving my master degree - Vincent, have asked me how to create SDO network dat...
  • Multi-selection feature and ADF Faces af:table component
    In this post I will describe how to use multi-selection feature in ADF Faces. First of all I should say - multi-selection feature is fully s...
  • Show Buttons based on Disclosed Tab
    In 11g it becomes quite common use case to structure application page with tabbed panels. If you develop your pages based on templates, most...
  • Master in Computer Science degree
    Today I have finished university studies, and received Master in Computer Science degree. Finally..., 6 years of studies are finished :). H...

Categories

  • ADF
  • Apex
  • Apple
  • BPEL
  • Events
  • Forms
  • Groovy
  • JDeveloper 11g
  • Nomination
  • ODTUG Kaleidoscope
  • OFUG
  • Oracle Magazine
  • Oracle OpenWorld
  • Security
  • SOA
  • Spatial
  • TopLink
  • Traveling
  • Uncategorized
  • Vgo Software
  • Web Services
  • WebCenter
  • WebLogic
  • Workarounds

Blog Archive

  • ►  2008 (72)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (65)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ▼  2006 (9)
    • ▼  December (9)
      • External Transaction Service in Oracle TopLink
      • JDev/ADF samples list
      • Creating new row using CreateInsert operation
      • Dropdown list in each row (J2EE track)
      • Displaying all columns in ADF table (TopLink entity)
      • JDeveloper Users map
      • Oracle Spatial and Network Data Model
      • Oracle ADF - between 4GL and J2EE is only one step
      • Why I'm here?
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile