Domain Portal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 4 March 2007

Many-to-Many mapping in Oracle TopLink

Posted on 04:54 by Unknown
This kind of mapping in relational world is constructed using three tables. However, in object world only two classes are used for many-to-many. I have developed sample application - TopLinkMM.zip, that shows how many-to-many is supported in Oracle TopLink. For this sample I'm using Readers/Blogs mapping - one reader can read many blogs and one blog can be read by many readers.


SQL scripts for database schema are available in sample application lt.andrejusb.utils package under Model project.

Many-to-many mapping in Oracle TopLink is enabled by adding attribute with ValueHolderInterface type and corresponding accessors to the one of two classes involved into relationship. In developed sample I have added ValueHolderInterface type attribute - blogs, into Reader class. When accessors are created, it's time to enable many-to-many mapping using Oracle TopLink wizard in JDeveloper. To do this expand descriptor for Reader and double-click blogs element, this element is unmapped. When wizard dialog will be opened, set values for Reference Descriptor and Relation Table. Also, select - Private Owned and choose source and target references. General tab in mapping wizard should look like this:


If many-to-many will be successfully configured, JDeveloper will show appropriate icon for blogs attribue:


So, mapping is enabled, now we can test it. I have developed JUnit test suite, where insert and select is performed. Many-to-many test method code:


JUnit shows green light - there is no errors:

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in TopLink | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Groovy - Multiple LOV's per Attribute in JDeveloper 11g
    I was blogging previously about multiple LOV's per attribute functionality. I was using RowImpl class for View object in order to calcu...
  • Oracle JDeveloper/ADF Developers Wanted
    In my current Oracle JDeveloper/ADF project we are searching for additional developers. Project is based on Oracle Fusion 11g, so it can be ...
  • Many-to-Many mapping in Oracle TopLink
    This kind of mapping in relational world is constructed using three tables. However, in object world only two classes are used for many-to-m...
  • Customizing Applications with MDS - Practical Overview
    During ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2008 , I was discussing with Shaun O'Brien (Principal Product Manager from Oracle Development Tools group) abo...
  • After UKOUG'08
    This week I was on UKOUG'08 conference. I really have enjoyed high quality of its content and I have learned new technical things about...
  • Workaround for Null Value Bug in ADF List Of Values 11g
    Those of you, who are using List Of Values (LOV) component in ADF 11g, most probably already have noticed bug related to Null value. Simple ...
  • Oracle Spatial and Network Data Model
    During this week, a student from university where I'm achieving my master degree - Vincent, have asked me how to create SDO network dat...
  • Multi-selection feature and ADF Faces af:table component
    In this post I will describe how to use multi-selection feature in ADF Faces. First of all I should say - multi-selection feature is fully s...
  • Show Buttons based on Disclosed Tab
    In 11g it becomes quite common use case to structure application page with tabbed panels. If you develop your pages based on templates, most...
  • Master in Computer Science degree
    Today I have finished university studies, and received Master in Computer Science degree. Finally..., 6 years of studies are finished :). H...

Categories

  • ADF
  • Apex
  • Apple
  • BPEL
  • Events
  • Forms
  • Groovy
  • JDeveloper 11g
  • Nomination
  • ODTUG Kaleidoscope
  • OFUG
  • Oracle Magazine
  • Oracle OpenWorld
  • Security
  • SOA
  • Spatial
  • TopLink
  • Traveling
  • Uncategorized
  • Vgo Software
  • Web Services
  • WebCenter
  • WebLogic
  • Workarounds

Blog Archive

  • ►  2008 (72)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2007 (65)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ▼  March (4)
      • Reusability in Oracle ADF Business Components
      • Inheritance in Oracle ADF Business Components
      • Trip to Finland capital - Helsinki
      • Many-to-Many mapping in Oracle TopLink
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2006 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile